A candid interview with ADIL S NARGOLWALA – Triathlete & Marathoner. In this interview we talked about some of his major achivements, his expiriences and his word of advice on health and healthy lifestyle.
Adil Nargolwala 50 is a well-known marathon runner & triathlete of Delhi with over 300 races to his credit.
He is the first & only Indian to have completed all four an Ironman (3.8 kms swim, 180 kms cycle & 42.2 Kms run to be completed within 17 hours he finished in 14.2 hours), an Ultraman (10kms swim, 424 kms cycle & 84.4 kms run to be completed within 36 hours he finished in 34 hours) Run a marathon in all 7 continents including Antarctica as well as a World marathon major finisher (New York, Boston, Chicago, London, Berlin, Tokyo).
He also is a Triple Super Randonneur of the Audax Club Parisienne (The world’s oldest cycling club) for riding a series of notified long distance rides of 200 kms, 300 kms, 400 kms & 600 kms three times.
Adil also holds the Limca record for running 60 long distance races in 52 weeks. These races include an ultra-marathon, marathons & half marathons. This means he ran more than one race a week in a full year.
He also holds the Limca record for running the max no of half marathons.
Adil has run in 15 countries and 39 cities across India from running as high as at 14000 feet in the Himalayas to the coast of Kerala and Cherrapunji in Meghalaya.
He is the only known Indian to complete the Kili double – summitting Mt Kilimanjaro (highest mountain in Africa) and run the Kilimanjaro marathon.
Adil has been a pacer at many marathons in Delhi including Delhi’s biggest running event the Airtel Delhi Half marathon.
He has been a brand ambassador for multiple running events in the NCR.
Adil is followed by many people on social media who look upon him as an inspiration in the running and triathlon world.
He has also spoken about his passion and records in this field.
List of some of Adil’s running achievements.
1. Current National Record holder – Limca Book of Records for completing 60 long-distance events (marathons, ultra-marathons, half-marathons and triathlons) in one year
2. Current Limca book of records for running maximum half marathons – 82 events
3. Guinness world record for max people participating in a single mountain run at the Satara hill half Marathon 2017
4. Abbott World Majors – Sixth Indian to finish all six major marathons in the world- New York, Chicago, Boston, London, Berlin, and Tokyo – Certificate signed personally by Honorable Prime minister Shri Narendra Modi.
5. Finisher Ironman 70.3 Goa 2019- First Indian in age group 50-54
6. Triple Super Randonneur – Cycled unsupported 200, 300, 400 and 600km certified by the International body Audax club Parisien (France)
7. 7th Indian to finish Marathons in all 7 continents – Antarctica marathon, Punta Arenas marathon, Adani Ahmedabad marathon Asia, Gold Coast Marathon in Australia, Kilimanjaro Marathon in Africa, Chicago Marathon in America and Berlin Marathon in Europe
8. Full Ironman – Kalmar in August 2019 3 Ironman 70.3 events – Turkey in October 2017, Kazakhstan in July 2019, Goa in Oct 2019
9. AWA Bronze Ironman athlete – In the top 10% of his age group in the world.
10. Kili double – Summitted Mt Kilimanjaro (Africa’s highest mountain) followed by Kilimanjaro full marathon in 2018
11. Runner of the year award 2017 – Athlete-Extraordinaire Delhi.
12. Winner in the Speedo BGN Sports club Invitational Swimming Championship 2018 Delhi – 50m Breaststroke
13. Winner of the Delhi International Triathlon Sprint category 2019.
14. Finished full marathon with a sub 4 timing in 03:57:35 at New Delhi Marathon 2019. Half marathon 1.46 & 10Kms 46 minutes.
15. Manali to Leh cycling 2012 5 days.
16. Ironman VR 2 to Ironman VR (14 events) 15 finisher.
17. His running exploits have been covered by both the print and the electronic media
• Times of India – Leading newspaper
• Hindustan Times – Leading newspaper
• Parsiana magazine – National Parsi Zoroastrian magazine
• CNBC India. – Leading TV Channel
• Just Play sportz – Social media channel
• Finisher Magazine – Social media channel
• Sports Joy – Social media channel
• Hamazor – International Zoroastrian magazine.